Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Workin' It

Pinned Image

...or just majorly procrastinating. Once again, I'm feeling overloaded and, as it often does when I'm stressed, my mind is wandering through irrelevant design territory. (Luckily, I don't bill hourly, lest my clients read this in horror). Looking around my office, though, I realize the perfect solution to greater productivity isn't necessarily gettin' down to business. It's a redesigned office space! While some might consider this a "distraction," I consider it a creative warm-up exercise.


So here's what I believe is really impeding me from redrawing my client's lighting plan: 

Pinned Image
I don't have this full-wall bulletin board to fill with my inspirations! I could break down sections by clients, but let it all bleed together, as it often does anyway. How many times have you had something lying on your desk for one client when you realized it was perfect for another? Or knew you'd pinned or bookmarked something somewhere that would work here or there? This wall is the perfect solution for total access, total recall.


And if my desk looked like this...well, I'd have little or no workspace. But! I'd be so inspired.
Pinned Image


Maybe I'd be less distracted if I whipped up some draperies to hid my bookshelves...
Pinned Image


Or could always find my scotchtape...
Pinned Image


Maybe a little greenery would oxygenate my brain...

Pinned Image


I've been meaning to add French wire baskets for fabric samples like the ones in this cozy eclectic space There's even my bit of brass and one of my favorite fabrics on the chair. Must be a sign...
Pinned Image


Okay, well, I'm sitting in that chair below; I already have those white boxes; I even have that mac. I guess it's the  Carrera countertops that I'm missing in my office!
Pinned Image



Sources: Domino (Aerin Lauder), Coco+Kelley, pinterest, pinterest, pinterest

2 comments:

  1. All fabulous inspiration my friend!
    By the way, I am having the same problem focusing today too!!!
    Thanks for stopping over today, it's always a pleasure to see you :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my creativity would be much improved in one of these offices too! Stunning! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. And share this on facebook!