Friday, September 23, 2011

One (bargain) Blue and White Fabric--Three Ways

Thought I'd share this great look-for-less find. I found this beautiful (and crazy affordable) Blue and White Chinoiserie toile. It's rather "'inspired" by Quadrille's Lyford Pagoda Petite. But I have to say I like it almost as much as the original. I haven't seen it in person but I'm going to take a chance and order some samples. Not exactly a huge risk; it's $19/yard! I was so excited I put together three different mood boards in three different color schemes. 

The first is a scheme I've really been missing lately: red, white and blue.

I wanted to avoid the expected, so rather than using a Victorian upholstered headboard, regency fixtures and faux bamboo furniture, I went for a more masculine, clean metropolitan feel. And I kinda like it. Okay, so I threw in an orchid.




Here's a board in my favorite new color crush, blush and navy. (And, yes there's faux bamboo and Regency gold.) It's kept fresh with lots of block-printed fabrics and tropical greenery, balancing the delicate, gilded touches. It has sort of a romantic Indo-Chinois feel. I imagine this is how I'd style the French Indochine set for Marguerite Duras' "The Lover." (If I were the type to sit around and imagine that sort of thing...)




Navy blue with burnt orange, is a classic complimentary scheme. Here's a board for a guest bedroom which incorporates very traditional furnishings with the wit of a Billy Baldwin-esque side chair and a graphic rug. Lots of brass, warm woods and leather, like the Hermès Pippa console (pear wood with brass fittings--stunning!) Feels like a perfect place for tired guests to relax after a long day of riding. Or for your mother-in-law to crash after Thanksgiving dinner.

Email me for other sources or if you're interested in our e-decorating services.

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. I can't even pick a favorite, they are all so beautiful and I could live in all three !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog! I'm so glad I just discovered it that I've added it to my own fav's blogroll! Can't wait to see future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexandra!
    I adore all three of your boards. I'd have a tough time choosing one.
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, it went right to my heart!
    XO
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is really fabulous - you've done a terrific job pairing the colors, patterns and styles - I am really liking the blush with the navy blue - so very inspiring! I've thoroughly enjoyed my visit today to your blog!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now happily following via email!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very chic themes, love all of them, Alexandra! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! They look so good together! Have a delightful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. And share this on facebook!