Friday, January 13, 2012

Ballet in My Inbox

American Ballet Theatre has announced its 2012 season beginning this month in Dallas
Performances in NYC begin May 14, at The Met

This has me idly day-dreaming at my desk. I lingered over the ABT season schedule the way I wistfully browse estate home catalogues. How I'd love to secure that NYC pied à terre by May so my friends and I could gather there for dinner and drinks before stepping into the warm Spring night and heading to the ballet. My dream montage looks something like this...

It starts here in my fabulous apartment (I know, it's one of your favorites, too!)....

I'd serve cocktails from this pretty little bar....


then the girls and I would walk back through these doors 
(Can't ever get enough of these, can we?)...

to powder our noses and gloss our lips in here...

before heading for the Met to see Swan Lake, wearing a little something 
I put together when I should have been reorganizing purchase orders...

Oh, and my daughter, the ballerina, would be dancing the role of Odette. 

Okay, back to the Friday workload...

Have a dreamy weekend!



Sources: Moth Designs; Miles Redd; pinterest; Alexandra Rae's Style File: stunning jacket, Dries Van Noten $1,420; to die for Loubitins, $870; Clutch, Rodo $1,899; perfect LBD, Oasis, $225 

4 comments:

  1. Perfect settings, for certain!
    Hope you enjoy your weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alexandra .... Happy New Year and I would so love to come! That powder room is divine, decadent and delicious and the little drinks tray is perfect!!! I love dreaming like that and one day it will come true! I hope you are well and all my best wishes for 2012!
    hugs and best wishes
    Frances xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Love the zebra doors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all, but the outfit you put together is stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. And share this on facebook!